Thursday, May 30, 2013

Color Crush: Purple

Color Crush: Purple

I enjoy making mood boards of some of my favorite shades.  It helps me explore trends, and even gets my mind thinking about new colorways for AphroChic products.  Recently I was playing around on the mood board in my office, and was struck by a new color palette that surfaced - purple and black.  Purple has never been big on my list of favorite shades.  Sometimes it can be over-the-top, but in these cool and sophisticated rooms the shade is just right.  For instance, the bedroom above sports purple-gray walls that are so soothing.

Color Crush: Purple

Just a touch of purple can make quite an impression.  Here, pastel purple chairs stand out beautifully in this white dining room.  I love that the chairs surround a black table.  The color combo is classic.

Color Crush: Purple

Electric shades of purple work well when paired with dark shades like walnut.  The color is energizing, but also tamed by a deep, dark neutral.

Color Crush: Purple

I love the hint of purple in the antique carpet in this living room.  The hue adds a bit of a feminine touch to this otherwise masculine seating area.

Color Crush: Purple

And this image has me really wanting a bright purple dining room table.  I mean, how cool is this?!  The grape color stands out beautifully against simple wood and metal chairs.

Explore more purple decor on my Color Crush: Purple Pinterest Board >

{Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5}

1 comment:

  1. the shades or purple is very relaxing to the eyes.. nice blog Coast lighting

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin