Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ilse Crawford

Ilse Crawford

Whenever I'm asked about who my favorite interior designer is, I always come back to the work of Ilse Crawford.  Her interiors are are the perfect combination of modern and traditional, with soulful character that's brought into the mix through color and bits of pattern.

Ilse Crawford

Rooms like this one keep me intrigued.  Built-ins painted in a deep eggplant shade, exposed beams, and a bookshelf that's been styled to perfection.  It's the country home I've always wanted.

Ilse Crawford

Ilse knows how to integrate modern pieces in the most unexpected ways.  The teal sofa fits right into this wood-paneled living room filled with vintage pieces.

Ilse Crawford

And her restaurant designs are among my favorite.  There are so many details to fall in love with, like the multi-colored tile floor.  Just beautiful!



For more of Ilse's work, I recommend picking up one of her books.  My favorite is Home Is Where The Heart Is.  Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for new design books. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll add this one to my wish list. The ceiling in her living room reminds me of a tortoise shell---love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I need to comment this article about Ilse Crawford. She is one of my favourite interior designer. I love her combination of modern and traditional furniture.
    By the way, i discover a portuguese furniture brand and i think that was similar Ilse Crawford's style. It calls BOCA DO LOBO - http://www.bocadolobo.com/en/

    Take a look if you can. I think you will love their porducts!

    Regards,

    Pilar Moreno

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire greatly the work of Ilse Crawford is extraordinary how she manages to perfectly combine the traditional with the modern lines. I'm an interior designer and the last brand I worked with was http://www.bykoket.com/ and I loved the experience, I hope that it can also be useful despite their excellent work, as it was to me. Congratulations on your extraordinary work.

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin