Monday, January 28, 2013

Design Trend: Patterned Interiors

Elle Decor_09-Alex-papachristidis-home-1112-xl

Last year Elle Decor asked me about my favorite Elle Decor room of 2012, and I did not hesitate to answer that I loved Alex Papachristidis's Manhattan dressing room (you can see my quote over on Elle Decor).  The room was so timely, as it appeared on the cover of Elle Decor at the end of 2012, and ushered in much of what we're seeing in interior design this year - rooms filled with layers of beautiful pattern to create striking interior design.

Elle Decor_matthew-patrick-smyth-designer-visions-EDC-1212-06-xl

Matthew Patrick Smyth designed this dining room using panels of wallpaper that remind you of the tiled walls in Morocco.  The pattern in this room has the power to transport you to another place.

Living Etc Feb 2013

In this bedroom featured in Living Etc., bold stripes, hexagons and chevrons come together to create layers of geometric pattern in a single space.

Elle Decor

And a golden floral wallpaper featured in Elle Decor is all the pattern this dining room needs to add a pop of color to the space.

What do you think about using pattern in 2013?  Will you bring it into your own space this year?





1 comment:

  1. I love patterned walls! I have one in my bedroom with beautiful peacocks.
    It gives something more to the room ...!

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin