Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Highlights from DDB Fall Market

DDB Market Fall 2012 Jeanine and Amanda
{Me and Amanda Nisbet during her book signing}

Last month I was able to attend the fabulous DDB Market event in New York.  The Decoration & Design Building hosted two days of designer events, receptions and parties, that left me feeling inspired.  Among the highlights were meeting some fabulous women in design who I truly admire - Amanda Nisbet, Bunny Williams and Lili Diallo.  Here are some images from my experience at Market.

DDB Market Fall 2012 Amanda Nisbet

Amanda Nisbet presented work from her design portfolio during her panel discussion and book signing.  I love how she embraces color in her interiors.  As you can see in the image above she loves bright hues!

DDB Market Fall 2012 Amanda Nisbet Book

Be sure to check out Amanda's book, Dazzling Design, for lots of color inspiration.  It's a beautiful celebration of her designs.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Beeline Home

Bunny Williams presented her BeeLine Home collection during Market.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Jeanine and Bunny

I was so excited to meet her!

DDB Fall Market 2012 Bunny Williams Book

And also got a glimpse of her book, Scrapbook for Living.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Lili Diallo Book

Lili Diallo was also signing her book, Details.  I have it on my bookshelf, and love the book and Lili's work. I'm sure you all remember her from Domino.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Lili Diallo

We discussed Details as well as the new magazine that she will be launching later this year, Billie.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Lili and Jeanine

I can't wait to see what this amazing stylist has up her sleeve!

DDB Fall Market 2012 Christopher Hyland Showroom

And then there were the showrooms.  A visit to the Christopher Hyland showroom was at the top of my list.  Christopher had hosted a number of bloggers, including me and Bryan, the night before for a dinner at his home.  We had a wonderful time learning about Hyland Magazine, Christopher's lifestyle e-zine that you can read on your iPad.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Christophery Hyland Showroom 2

I was also excited to visit his showroom, home to some of the most luxurious fabrics you will ever see.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Pierre Frey

The Pierre Frey showroom offered a nice respite during the day.  Blogger's were invited to sit and lounge in the showroom.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Pierre Frey Showroom

And of course take in the beautiful textiles.

DDB Fall Market 2012 Pierre Frey Showroom Fabrics

I was struck by the beauty of some of the vivid colors, like these bright fabrics by James Hare in shades of orange and coral.

The DDB Market was a fabulous experience!  I hope to be back in the Spring to bring you inside more of the incredible design events that the Decoration & Design Building has to offer.








No comments:

Post a Comment

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin