Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Article

Jeanine Hays Image_Leon Belt

I am so excited to share with you a recent article I produced for HGTV.com - Host A Casual Thanksgiving Brunch.  It was in the Spring that HGTV asked me to develop a special story for the site for Thanksgiving.  I really love the idea of hosting a casual holiday brunch for friends you won't see for Thanksgiving dinner, and wanted to put together an article with some beautiful styling and tips.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

I was lucky enough to partner with Terrain, and photographer Leon Belt (my talented brother-in-law) to bring the feature to life.  You can view the article on HGTV.com.  Here are a few candid images that I just had to share.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

I asked some of my favorite bloggers and designers to be apart of this incredible shoot.  I'm sure you'll recognize many of the ladies around the table: Danielle Colding from HGTV Design Star, Meg Augustin from the Philadelphia City Paper, Jessica Cumberbatch Anderson from Huffington Post Black Voices, Jillian Fauls of Town Residential, Naomi Stein of Design Manifest, interior designer Claudia Clobes, Jeni Larsen of Jonathan Adler, Amber Skymer, owner of ReMod Gallery, and Diane Ainge of Terrain.  They all made this shoot absolutely beautiful.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

Terrain did an absolutely amazing job styling the Thanksgiving table.  They worked with Philadelphia floral design and events company Ryan Jane to create some amazing Fall arrangements.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

I love how seasonal vegetables and foliage were presented throughout, and in such a colorful way.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

Danielle and I were chatting away.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

The ladies had so much fun.  Everyone connected throughout the afternoon and had a great time meeting one another.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

Terrain kept us happy with some great food and drinks during the shoot.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

And of course we couldn't end without a celebratory toast.

HGTV Thanksgiving Brunch Outtakes

We were kept warm all day with this gorgeous Insignia fire pit.  Isn't the custom detail on this amazing?!

Be sure to view the full feature, including some great recipes, on HGTV.com.  Check it out now!

{Photographer: Leon Belt}

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the logs in the place setting. A unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Jeanine! Thanks for inviting me to be a part of the event. It was such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the article! Thanks for having me, everything was beautiful and I can't wait to try and make those pancakes myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful autumn foliage colors and great smiles!

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin