Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dark Decor



In celebration of Halloween, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite dark spaces from my Color Crush: Shades of Black Pinterest board.  The color back doesn't have to be scary, or morbid.  Dark black rooms can feel strong, sophisticated, and even soulful.  Here are some of my faves way to use black in a room.



Black with wood tones is one of my favorite combinations.  Wood tones pop against the saturated hue and add warmth.



I love the idea of cozying up in a black interior with lots and lots of cushions.  Mix and match a variety of colorful cushions to take a black room for dull to wow!



And don't forget about black and white.  It's a classic color combination that never goes out style.  Up the drama at home with black walls and stark white furniture to create a cool contrast.

You can explore more shades of black this Halloween on my Pinterest board.  Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the black leather armchairs (luuuv) and the sea of lush off white rug in the other pic if gorg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful
    These are great pics...and the place is beautiful :-)
    I love your blog :x
    --------------------------------

    Welcome to my blog
    http://www.homedesign9.com/

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin