Thursday, May 24, 2012

Martha Stewart Dialogues in Design Event

Untitled
Me and Martha!

There are so many things about blogging that I absolutely love.  What I love most is how blogging has helped me achieve my dreams.  Last week I certainly had a "dream come true" moment when I met a design icon, Martha Stewart.  The opportunity to meet a woman who has built an internationally recognized brand was an absolute honor.

Untitled

The event, Dialogues in Design, was simply lovely.  Guests were welcomed at the Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia offices.

Untitled

A walk through the hallway, and we were greeted by inspirational quotes central to the Martha Stewart brand.  The one above is my absolute favorite.  Definitely words to design by.

Untitled

The event was held in a hall bathed in sunshine on what was an especially warm spring day.

Untitled

It was exciting to meet our hosts for the evening, Martha Stewart, and Nicolette Naumann, Vice President of Messe Frankfurt/Ambiente.

Untitled

I also ran into one of my fave blogging buddies, Manvi Drona-Hidalgo of Mochatini.

Untitled

You could tell that everything at the event was carefully chosen.  The flower arrangements were perfect.  Brightly colored blooms were placed in simple white vases.

Untitled

Yellow trays were used to present the hors d'oeuvres, and added a pop of color in the mostly white space.

Untitled

Technology was even infused into the evening event, with iPads set up so that guests could peruse the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living.

Untitled

When Ms. Stewart and Ms. Naumann took to the podium, guests were introduced to Messe Frankfurt, one of the world's largest trade shows.

Untitled

I can only hope that AphroChic can present there one day.  The video of the show was truly inspiring.

Untitled

The hubby and I left the event feeling absolutely inspired.  It was a "dream come true" night in New York City.  One I will never forget.

{Images taken with my iPhone}


4 comments:

  1. Wow, That's awesome! thanks for sharing your photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool! You must have been in heaven, indeed. You are beaming - I can tell you really enjoyed yourself! Congrats.
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! I would be über star struck :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!!! I hope all your dreams come true! :)

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin