Friday, December 2, 2011

Modern Quilts by Luke Haynes

Luke Haynes Quilt

Have you ever seen something that just left you in awe?  Well, I was absolutely awe-struck when I discovered the work of Luke Haynes.  His quilts are like nothing I have ever seen before.  Using quilting as a way of artistic expression, Luke creates absolute works of art through simple scraps of fabric.

Luke Haynes Quilt

Some of my favorite pieces in Luke's collection include his very cool self-portrait above; this American Nostalgia quilt featuring President Obama;


Luke Haynes Quilt

this gorgeous quilted portrait of Frankie Manning;

Luke Haynes Quilt

and this lovely quilt he has termed The Boss.

It's amazing the imagery that Luke creates through fabric.  I am so happy to have found his work, and am definitely thinking about getting a commissioned piece of my own.  What could be a more wonderful family heirloom than an original Luke Haynes quilt?

3 comments:

  1. I don't normally like quilts, as the designs don't speak to me. But these quilts by Luke Haynes are gorgeous pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These truly are works of art! Would look beautiful against a white wall to brighten up any space!

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin