Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May Color Story: J. Crew

jenna's picks
Image: J. Crew

Lately, it is not at all unusual for me to pick up a J. Crew catalogue when looking for color inspiration for an interior design project. Whether searching for colors for a friend or for my own projects at home, J. Crew knows how to get color right.

I mean, it was J. Crew that defined Pantone's color of the year for 2009 - Mimosa - based on that snazzy little number that Michelle Obama wore to the inauguration. Their catalogues are truly the easiest place to begin your search for inspiring colors this season.

For May, their color story is particularly vibrant, and tempered with sophisticated neutrals. The end result is absolutely fabulous. Chartreuse is paired with jet black, hot pink mixes with vibrant orange, and bold florals take on a modern twist in a refined color palette.

J. Crew's haute hues and neutral pairings have me thinking of some of my favorite rooms that get this mix just right. Here are few to inspire your May color story at home.

gasl_green_rooms_07mar_26_bamboo console
Image: Domino Magazine

Pale pink, and floral accents feel modern with the glossy white console.

jenna lyons 2
Image: Domino Magazine

Jenna must have taken cues from her own home. I love that pop of yellow in an otherwise neutral room.

Rubie Green Bedding
Image: Rubie Green

Rubie Green shows how you can keep the yellow, black and white color palette harmonious even with a a mix of patterns.

living etc. 2
Image: Living Etc. Magazine

This neon pink couch is tempered by the oversized black chandelier.

thomas paul pillow styled
Image: Domino Magazine

One of my favorite rooms ever, the Thomas Paul pillow in the center brings the entire palette together.

Enjoy J. Crew's new catalogue for Spring. You won't be able to put it down!

5 comments:

  1. How I love that console in the Domino photo! I recently came across a great how-to that explains how to re-create a similar look using this thin wood veneer stuff, but I can't find the link now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of these are wonderful. especially the photo with the pillow as the centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so marvelous. Talk about Spring! Too bad San Fran is so dour, foggy and rainy. I'm hoping for some sunshine and Spring in these parts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I hope you find that link. Sounds like a wonderful weekend project.

    3piecesonline, that is my favorite photo of all time. Just a beautiful room with lots of punches of color.

    SDG, I keep believing that Spring will come to SF. They say sunshine is coming at the end of this week. I really hope they're right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing design!! Check out the wide range of Storage Ottomans from Spacify.com

    ReplyDelete

We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Articles You Will Love

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin